Saturday, July 24, 2010

In the shadow of Knott's

 Our Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market

I love, love, love farmer's markets!  I love getting to sample my produce before I buy it.  I love buying locally to minimize the costs and resources required to transport food from the farm to the market.  And I love buying in-season organic produce!
Enjoying a little local music with our lunch
Mia loved the taquitos and fresh lumpia
So did Matthew
Buena Park  
Corner of La Palma and Stanton Sears Parking Lot
Saturdays
9 AM - 2 PM
more info

Affiliated with California Federation of Certified Farmers' Markets. The certified farmers market concept is an effort to re-establish the traditional link between farmers and consumers in California. Put simply, certified farmers' markets (CFM's) are "the real thing," places where genuine farmers sell their crops directly to the public. It is where the agrarian community relates to the urban community

No comments: