Monday, May 16, 2011

Some mores please...

Spring has those perfect fire pit nights.  It's not too cold where the thought of sitting outside just seems insane and it's not too hot where having a fire just seems weird when your trying to stay cool. 

Fire pit = Smores

Mmmm... smores are so so so underrated, especially when you use some quality ingredients.  Well Saturday night was our ooey  gooey smores night.  

Sunday left me with a lot of extra marshmallows.  

So...

I made cupcakes.  Ooey gooey smores cupcakes.  I made these same cupcakes for my daughter's birthday party, and they were so good people were hiding them to take home.  After the party I found a couple of them in some interesting spots around the house.

This is my super easy not from scratch recipe, except the frosting.  Frosting always has to be from scratch!!!


You really can't go wrong with Trader Joe's
Just follow the recipe on the cake box and add marshmallows

Don't overfill the cupcakes because the marshmallows expand

Cool then frost with butter cream frosting and dip cupcake in crushed graham cracker crumbs
I add the chocolate square because Fair Trade Trader Joe's Swiss milk chocolate is insanely good

I also made baby bite size cakes


For the frosting I used this recipe

1-lb. box of C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar

 add 1 cup softened butter (2 stick)

¼ cup of cream

1 tsp. of vanilla

1 cup of brown sugar

blend until smooth and fluffy

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

8 comments:

Stefani said...

Those look soooo yummy!!! I can't wait to make them. :)

Amber @ Luv and Laughter said...

I love different idea's for smores... I just made nachos out of them last weekend. I can't wait to try them.

Emilee said...

Oh my gosh! I love everything S'mores! and these look so good and so easy to make too!

Unknown said...

Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, those look amazing! I would love for you to come link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/05/diy-thrifty-thursday-16.html
Michelle

Michelle said...

I just realized I commented under "Jeff" for that last comment. Sorry. HA HA

Joi Montrief said...

I've been on a S'mores kick lately and these look so good! I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays today(Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon!!!

newcombhome said...

They look sooo good! Now I'm hungry!